Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Turning the Corner is currently seeking a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to work for a highly reputable non-profit organization located in Westminster, CO. The COO oversees, organizes and leads all operations to include: Guest Services, Retail, Facilities, Private Events, Group Sales and Maintenance. The COO will work hand in hand with the President/CEO, in directing the Executive Team to set strategic initiatives for the entire institution, including increased and new revenue streams, and improved efficiencies. Additionally, this position is responsible for the overall performance of the institution in aspects related to budget, plan, goals and objectives.
Here’s what you’ll be doing. . .
- Support CEO in oversight and direction of the entire facility’s effectiveness and initiatives
- Coordinates attendance and financial reporting with VP of Finance to assure accuracy of reports and to meet audit standards.
- Supports the CEO to craft SCFD long term strategies to cultivate appreciation for the District and to assure that its contributions are acknowledged and understood by Guests.
- Supervises staff within all departments in Guest Services and Operations to achieve objectives. Does so with proper plans, accountability and excellent reporting.
- Oversee a model Guest Services department that focuses on high quality customer service, positive and safe Guest environment and return Visitorship according to strict deadlines and within budget.
- Supervises staff within all departments in Guest Services to achieve objectives. Does so with proper plans, accountability and excellent reporting.
- Supervise directly though the oversight of Guest Services Manager to achieve objectives.
- Oversee Guest engagement, strategy and the organization’s commitment to customer care through the front desk staff and registrar.
- Collect and maintain admissions data.
- Oversee and lead retail operations through strategy of Retail Director.
- Support growth and development of retail efforts as a function of operations.
- Create and evaluate reports on sales trends, direction and work to increase profit margins thru merchandising, sales, staff development and product analysis in collaboration with retail director and leadership team.
- Provide the direction and leadership necessary to ensure the gift shop, admission, and concession department’s annual operating plans successfully meet their financial objectives while supporting the annual operations plan and budget.
- Ensure that the gift shop, and concessions merchandise selection is aligned with the wants, needs and desires of current and potential audiences while supporting core competencies, special programs and temporary exhibits.
- Direct the design, development and installation of exhibitory including the production of educational interpretation in coordination with the Executive Team and organizational strategic planning.
- Supervision of the Exhibit build and Exhibit interpretation teams.
- Support strategic development of future exhibit planning and organizational needs assessment.
Facilities, Maintenance and Custodial
- Oversee the overall maintenance and custodial upkeep for the building, along with maintaining the grounds.
- Oversee compliance with all relative codes, licenses, and permits from all applicable jurisdictions regarding mechanical systems, electrical, plumbing, woodworking, exhibits, floors, windows, doors and wall care, etc.
- Ensure that all work being executed is done in a professional and workmanship manner.
- Ensure that all equipment warrantees, operational manuals, as built construction drawings, vendor contracts and creates discrete records on all equipment and systems.
Here’s what is required for this position. . .
- A master’s degree in business, finance or a related field preferred or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in the field of facility operations, 5 years of which must be in a leadership capacity, non-profit leadership preferred.
- Proven experience leading multiple departments to achieve significant collaborative efforts without micromanagement.
- Superior written and oral communications skills and ability to write and speak in clear, compelling manner as to articulate the goals, mission and values.
- Ability to work as a leader to drive to new levels of performance and acceptance by the public and by donors, board members and other influential leaders.
- Presence and ability to influence key leaders through hard work and exemplary leadership.
- Knowledge and experience in reporting and analyzing attendance/visitation data and financial information.
A bit more about this position. . .
- Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits to include: medical, dental, vision, PTO, sick days and 401k plan.
To apply, please go to our website . . . http://turningthecornerllc.com/job-openings/
About Turning the Corner, LLC. . .
Turning the Corner, LLC delivers a full range of services. We are one of the very few firms in the nation that supports both job seekers and organizations. Our goal is to help people transform their job and businesses transform their company. Job seekers can rely on years of recruiting experience which allows us to help you develop a strategy to find the right job. Our professional resume writers and career coaches will help you to discover how valuable you are and where you are most likely to succeed. Companies will quickly understand the value of hiring the right people, keeping them passionate about their work and understanding how our HR support services will benefit them in all aspects of business. In addition, our innovative training programs will ensure you are prepared to take your company to the next level. To learn more about us, please visit our website: http://turningthecornerllc.com.